Eligible small businesses from across Queensland are able to apply for a $5,000 grant to increase core skills and adopt best practice when the program opens on 31 May 2021.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible to apply for this grant, the business must:
- Have fewer than 20 employees (by head count) at the time of applying for the grant. Can be non-employing
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Have a Queensland headquarters
- Have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
- Have owners / directors that are not insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt
The application must include the following documents:
- A certified statutory declaration from the business’ owner or director stating the business does not have a turnover* exceeding $300,000 per annum meets all grant eligibility criteria. See statutory declaration template here
- Supplier quotes (no more than two) detailing description and costs of services, who will undertake the activity, and an outline of key activities
Applicants should show the extent to which the grant funded activity will:
- Positively impact revenue growth, gross profit, and other economic factors
- Enhance the business’s core skills and adopt best practice
- Be likely to create jobs growth within the business
- Demonstrate value for money
Grant funded activities
Grant funded activities must be in one of five priorities: 1. Training and coaching 2. Website build/upgrades 3. Professional business advice 4. Strategic marketing services 5. Business continuity and succession.
Use the funds to improve basic capabilities – website upgrades to strategic marketing projects to training and coaching sessions.
The grants open on 31 May and applications close when funds ($10 million) are exhausted.
Approved applicants must start their funded activity within one month of approval and complete their grant funded activity within four months of receiving their approval letter.
Contact us so we can support you to be prepared in advance and ready to apply.
Find out more here: www.business.qld.gov.au/business-basics
Need a Quote From Us?
Please CONTACT US no later than 10am on Friday 28 May, with your preferred program option.
We will then provide you with a quote within 24 hours, so that it’s ready to include with your Business Basics Grant application by this date.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 737 191 (Emily)
Your 3 Business Development options
We can supply a quote for the following three BUSINESS LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT program options (all prices exclusive of GST):
Program 1 – Individual business ‘Leader Support’ – $5,000
– Pre-program Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ-Plus) exploring the key components of your/your leader’s Mental Toughness;
– A valid and reliable 16-page Development Report, that outlines the results from your/your leader’s MTQ-Plus questionnaire;
– A 60 minute debrief, with an accredited Psychologist, to strategically identify and discuss the your/your leader’s recommended areas for development;
– A 360-degree interview with a member/s of the your/your business leaders team;
– 8 x 75-minute Business Leader Support sessions, customised to support the leader’s individual needs.
– A post-program, 30-minute, check-in session to confirm positive tracking;
– Post-program Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ-Plus) identifying the positive changes in your/your leader’s Mental Toughness.
– All Leader Support sessions and support (including all training materials) designed and facilitated by a qualified, accredited business Psychologist and a qualified Teacher.
Who is ideally suited to this program?
This program is ideally suited to individuals who are suffering stress, overwhelm, and distraction in the everyday operation of their business, especially as it grows. You would be a motivated business leader, looking to pro-actively develop, and maintain, greater clarity of thought and habits, which will ultimately deliver increased professional success and personal life satisfaction.
Program 2 – Mentally Fit Leadership team – $5,400
business owner couple or business owner and another business leader
– 2 x Pre-program Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ-Plus) exploring the key components of each leader’s Mental Toughness;
– 2 x valid and reliable 16-page development report, that outlines the results from each leader’s MTQ-Plus questionnaire;
– 2 X 60 minute debriefs, with an accredited Psychologist, to strategically identify and discuss both leader’s recommended areas for development;
– 12 x 60-minute (6 sessions per leader) Leader Support sessions customised to support both leader’s individual needs.
– 2 x 30 minute (1 per leader) check-in session to confirm positive tracking of both leader’s;
– 2 (1 per leader) Post-program Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ-Plus) identifying the positive changes in both leader’s Mental Toughness.
– All coaching sessions and support (including all training materials) designed and facilitated by a qualified business Psychologist and a qualified Teacher.
Who is ideally suited to this program?
This program is ideally suited to partners of a small business (2 people), or a business owner and one of their business leaders. You would be a progressive business owner/s, with a desire to learn the knowledge that will enable you to greatly reduce the effects of stress, overwhelm, and distraction, inevitably experienced during the everyday operation of your business, especially as it grows. You are also motivated business leaders, looking to pro-actively develop, and maintain, greater clarity of thought and habits, which will ultimately deliver increased professional success and personal life satisfaction.
Program 3 – Mentally Fit small business team – $5,000<
– Initial needs meeting with the business owners/leaders to identify your strategic program of services;
– A customised schedule of services (full training schedule and content) will be designed and agreed upon;
– A customised combination of individual and team coaching/training sessions (mutually agreed) that will satisfy your business’s specific needs;
– Ongoing workplace wellbeing support;
– All training sessions and support (including all training materials) designed and facilitated by a qualified business Psychologist and a qualified Teacher.
Who is ideally suited to this program?
This complete small business service is ideally suited to a progressive business owner, with a team of less than 20 employees, who is motivated to pro-actively develop their leadership skills while nurturing respectful, professional, and highly productive collaboration within their team.
Outcomes you, your leader and/or your team can expect:
Clients who have been through our Leader Support and other programs have reported and experienced the following benefits:
√ sustained positive behaviour change and habit formation
√ greater clarity of thinking and decision making;
√ more able to manage stress, pressure and challenge;
√ increased levels of energy, positivity, confidence and work/life satisfaction;
√ increased competence in their leadership skills and team performance;
√ decreased emotional impact from other peoples’ negative behaviour and attitudes;
√ a greater sense of control over their professional and personal lives;
√ more engagement, creativity, agility and enjoyment in their professional and person life;
√ more psychologically safe and highly productive workplaces;
√ an overall sense of personal contentment, ease and greater levels of sustained life satisfaction.
Get a Quote From Us Now?
Please CONTACT US, ideally no later than 10am on Friday 28 May, to indicate the program option that would best suit your business leadership development needs.
We will then provide you with a quote within 24 hours, so that it’s ready to include with your Business Basics Grant application.
email@example.com or Emily Johnson direct: 0413 737 191